Command and Control is an Information Security podcast. I’m your host, Carl Gottlieb, Data Protection Officer and owner of the Data Protection consultancy firm Cognition.
The Host – Carl Gottlieb
Hi, I’m Carl Gottlieb, a pragmatic Brit with a passion for privacy, tech and business. Professionally I’m the privacy lead and Data Protection Officer for a select group of leading tech companies, most notably Hudl (the global leader in sports analytics) and Duolingo (the largest education app on the App Store). I describe myself as an “Iceberg Spotter”, helping organisations understand the privacy risks floating their way and advising them on how to keep their ship sailing at full speed. It’s my job to help tech companies succeed at what they do best by making privacy compliance a net positive.
All this means that I get to work with some fantastic people and experience a wide array of challenges, approaches and solutions to cutting edge privacy problems. I’m now in my 17th year in the industry and the future looks as exciting as ever.
Behind the scenes I have a consultancy company named Cognition which has a great team of people doing amazing things in privacy and security, including virtual DPO and virtual CISO services. Their talent, dedication and attitude inspire me every day.
Personally, I blog about privacy and provide how-to guides on my website Consent.Guide. I also have a privacy podcast (The GDPR Guy) and an information security podcast (Command and Control). I occasionally appear in the written press or on TV and radio interviews and you might bump into me speaking at a conference.
Outside of work my focus is my family and being the best dad and husband I can be.
Contact and Links
If you’re looking for some professional help in the field of Privacy or Security, from me or my team:
- Email: carl[at]cognition.team
- Website: cognition.team
If you’d like a quick chat or ask a question:
- Via Twitter: @carlgottlieb (preferred)
- Via email: carl[at]cognitionsecure.com
- Follow me on LinkedIn (Please make it a follow rather than a connect unless we directly know each other. If you want to connect on LinkedIn, please add a message to the invite.): https://www.linkedin.com/in/carlgottlieb/
My websites and podcasts:
- Privacy blog – https://consent.guide
- Personal bio website – https://CarlGottlieb.com
- Company (Cognition) – https://cognition.team
- Privacy Podcast – https://thegdprguy.com
- Information Security Podcast – https://commandandcontrol.info
- Twitter – @carlgottlieb
- LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/in/carlgottlieb
Thanks for visiting!